[stanford_status] Two week update

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Fri Aug 11 20:00:21 EDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

It has been almost two weeks since the last update so I thought it was time to "touch base" and let
everyone know what has been going on.  Stanford turned 18 last Saturday.  Yesterday his hair started
falling out.  He has been pulling it out and is looking somewhat strange.  Other than hair falling out
Stanford says he hasn't really noticed any other ill effects from the first round of chemotherapy.  He does
get tired at times.  He has started doing exercises trying to recover from the surgery in June.

Joyce will be taking Stanford back up to Dartmouth Medical Center on August 18th, a week from today.
If things go as planned they will be there for 5 days and 4 nights and come home Tuesday, August 22nd.
He will receive the other 2 chemo drugs during that stay.  He didn't get sick with the last three and we
hope he doesn't get sick this time either.  Time will tell.  It will be hard to have Joyce and Stanford gone
for such a long time.

So, things are going pretty well right now, except for lots and lots of telephone calls to insurance
companies and providers trying to fix all the mistakes that are being made.  Hopefully that is under
control now too.

Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers,

John