[stanford_status] Quick update for Sat, Dec 2nd

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Sat Dec 2 23:32:58 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

Slow, but steady improvement.  He slept well again, but woke up with
a somewhat stiff and sore back from lying down so long.  He thinks
it is because the hospital bed doesn't provide the same amount of
support as his old bunk bed.  His heart rate was 106.  It continues
to drop day to day.  His blood pressure was 110/70 (taken by a
novice at measuring so accuracy isn't guaranteed).  His appetite has
improved and he is eating more especially at dinner time.  He is
still taking lots of naps, but not sleeping as much overall.  He
hasn't needed any oxycodone for breakthrough pain since Wednesday,
so the time release oxycontin is doing the job.  We'll talk with Dr.
O'Shea about the dosage level on Monday at 4:00 PM when we meet with
him.

The hospice nurse called earlier today to see how he was doing.
Joyce described his condition and the nurse was surprised at how
well he was doing and said it sounded like she didn't need to come
over after all.

We are very encouraged with Stanford's slow and steady improvement.
Unless there is some major change I won't send any update until
after Stanford's appointment on Monday.

Thanks again to all of you for your continued thoughts and prayers.
We believe in miracles and continue to pray for one in Stanford's
behalf.

John