[stanford_status] Dec 26, Tues - Resting after an enjoyable Christmas day

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Tue Dec 26 13:06:10 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

Stanford's condition is holding steady.  He had an enjoyable
Christmas day with family and was awake for quite awhile during the
day, hence the need for more sleep today.  In spite of our efforts
to turn his schedule around he is still perking up around 11:00 PM
for two or three hours.  Last night he played mostly with his new
Nintendo Wii game "Elebets" that he got for Christmas.

Dr. O'Shea called this morning to check up on how Stanford has been
doing.  Stanford's next appointment is this Thursday, Dec 28th, at
10:45 AM.  Last night at 11:00 PM when Stanford perked up and was
eating his warmed up dinner he said, "I sure hope this gemcitabine
starts working soon."  His appetite is small because his stomach is
small.  He is patiently waiting for things to start turning around.

I put some pictures from recent visits on the
http://StanfordLarsen.org website, also some pictures from the TCC
company Christmas party held on the 15th.

We hope and pray that Stanford's body will hold together in a
recoverable way so that he can have enough cycles of gemcitabine to
get his condition turned around.

Thanks for your support, encouragement, and prayers.

John