[stanford_status] In emergency room at SNHMC

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Tue Nov 21 06:47:24 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

Stanford started having lots of pain in his lower left chest and deep in
his left shoulder at 11:30 PM last night.  We tried managing it with
oxycodone, which helped initially, but he woke up at 2:00 AM and more
oxycodone at 3:30 couldn't cut the pain.  His abdomen became very hard and
painful.  We contacted Dr. Kim and she sent us to the emergency room at
Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua, the hospital where is
surgery was performed last June.

I'm here with Stanford.  He is running a fever of 100.7.  This is the
fitst time he has had a fever.  They have done a chest xray.  He is
drinking contrast in preparation for a CT scan in a couple of hours.

Stanford was planning  to go to work today, but I guess we will both be
skipping that.  We don't know yet how this might impact his chemo
scheduled for tomorrow.  We'll let you know as information becomes
available.

John