[stanford_status] Feb 20, Tues: Memorial Scholarship - Blood Drive - Website

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Tue Feb 20 06:19:06 EST 2007

Hello Everyone,

SCHOLARSHIP

Four weeks ago today Stanford left this world.  In his memory we
have established the "Stanford Mark Larsen Memorial Scholarship".
Information can be found by clicking on the "Contribute to Memorial
Scholarship" link below Stanford's picture at the
http://StanfordLarsen.org website.  The scholarship will be awarded
annually to a student at Nashua High School South.

Stanford always saved 10% of everything he earned or received
towards college.  In fact, just six days before he passed away he
was given a check from the "Note of Hope" fund raiser organized by
students at Nashua High School South.  He told me that he wanted to
put 10% of that into his college savings.  We are contributing all
the money that Stanford saved over the years to the scholarship
fund.  We are also contributing all of the "Note of Hope" money.
Joyce and I have saved a small amount each paycheck for each of our
children towards college.  We will be contributing what we saved for
Stanford to the fund.

This scholarship fund joins several others managed by the City of
Nashua.  Our desire is that this fund become a perpetual fund to
keep Stanford's memory alive.  A minimum of $10,000 needs to be
contributed to make this a perpetual fund.  We hope that Stanford's
friends and loved ones will want to join with us in growing this
memorial scholarship into something that can help deserving students
for years to come.

BLOOD DRIVE

A blood drive in Stanford's memory is being organized for Sat, April
28, 2007.  It will be in the same church building where Stanford's
funeral was held:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
110 Concord Street
Nashua, NH 03064

More information will be sent as the day draws closer.  Volunteers
will be needed to staff the drive.  The goal is to collect 100 units
of blood that day.  Please put it on your calendar!

WEBSITE

I have added new material to the http://StanfordLarsen.org website a
little at a time as the days go by.  Click on the link "Website
Change History" below Stanford's picture to see what has been added
and when.  I plan to upload video clips I have of Stanford to
Google.  I also plan to scan and post his sketch books and other
drawings he made.

I know people have pictures and possibly videos of Stanford.  If you
are willing to share them with me I'll be glad to make them
available for all to see on the website.

PARTING WORDS

Life is returning to "normal", but that "normal" is different than
it used to be.  It is hard to describe with words the range of
feelings and emotions we go through each day.  We miss Stanford
tremendously, but are grateful for all the happy memories we have of
him.

John