[stanford_status] May 23 - Stanford's gravestone in place

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Wed May 23 22:25:30 EDT 2007

Hello Everyone,

Stanford passed away four months ago today.  This coming Monday is
Memorial Day, a day to remember those who have gone on before us.
The granite marker for Stanford's grave was put in place this week.
This makes it much easier to find his grave in case anyone would
like to go there on Memorial Day.  Pictures of his marker and his
grave in springtime have been added to the bottom of this page:

     http://stanfordlarsen.org/grave_location

I would like to explain how the Bible scripture on his marker was
chosen.  For about the last four years Stanford wore a small metal
rod on his belt buckle everywhere he went.  This represented "the
Iron Rod" which was a reminder to hold fast to the Word of God.
When this was given to Stanford by his seminary teacher it had a
small piece of paper attached that had a scripture printed on it,
the scripture that is on his marker.  We felt the scripture
described Stanford's life:  "I have fought a good fight, I have
finished my course, I have kept the faith." 2 Tim 4:7.