[stanford_status] Friday, Dec 1st - Afternoon status

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Fri Dec 1 13:22:44 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

Stanford had his best night last night since before the emergency
room crisis.  He was able to sleep straight through for almost 8
hours and then another two after being up for a bathroom break.  He
hasn't needed any oxycodone for break through pain for 36 hours now.
The 40 mg twice a day of oxycontin is providing the needed level of
pain management.  His pulse was measured at 114 last night at 11:45
PM.  This is about where it has been for the last few days.  It had
been over 160 during the days right after the Thanksgiving when he
was running a fever.  His temp this morning at 8:00 AM was 96.7.  He
has been ignoring his wheelchair more and more, but uses it when his
body tells him to.  We're encouraged by his slow and steady
improvement.

On a "house keeping" note, I resized all the thumbnails on the
http://StanfordLarsen.org website to 500 x 500 so that you can see
them better.  The actual picture files are all quite large (around 3
MB), which is ridiculous and takes a long time to download because I
don't have much upload bandwidth.  The larger thumbnails are about
30 KB each so they download faster.

We thank you all for your support, thoughts, prayers, and faith in
Stanford's behalf.  We know it has made a difference.  We've been
blessed with a miracle already in that he is recovering from this
latest crisis.  Please continue so that further miracles will be
granted.

John