[stanford_status] Dec 13, Wed - Better night and more comfortable

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Wed Dec 13 15:00:53 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

Stanford had a better night last night.  The nurse said to give him
an Atavin right at bedtime to help him be calmer during the night.
He says he still woke up every couple of hours or so to change
position, but he slept better.  Pain levels have dropped and he has
been able to eat more.  A shower before bed helped him feel better
too.  He is still very tired and not very strong.

It is very hard as a bystander to see him in pain and not really be
able to do anything about it when the pain meds don't do the job
except to be there.  We're thankful he is doing better today.

I put a few pictures from his Aunt Lori's visit on the website.
(http://StanfordLarsen.org)  I also put a link to a table that
summarizes all of the appointments, treatments, and other medical
interactions he has had since June 9th.  For a young man that had
never really been sick a day in his life, he has been put through
the ringer these last six months.

We continue hoping and praying.  We see little miracles day to day
and are grateful for them.  Thanks for your support and prayers.

John