[stanford_status] Dec 24, Sun - In bed most of time

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Sun Dec 24 09:11:39 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

A quick update this Christmas Eve morning.  Stanford spends almost
all his time in bed these days.  His pain is still being managed
okay with the 80 mg twice a day of oxycontin.  He needed some liquid
oxycodone when he was positioned with his feet higher than his head.
That position puts some stress on his lower abdomen, but that
position is also the only way to help alleviate the swelling in his
legs and groin.  Four days (Fri) after receiving the gemcitabine he
puked twice just like after the first round.  His appetite is down
and he is eating and drinking less.

Yesterday (Sat) I read a lot of the book "Eragon" to him.  He is
awake enough to listen even though his eyes are closed.  He has me
back up when needed if he "spaces out".  We plan to go see the movie
next week and hope to have the book completed before then.  As a
family we watched the DVD of "Elf" last night.  Today we will be
attending our Church services.  Stanford was too tired last week,
but this week is the Christmas program and he wants to go.

Stanford is still upbeat and hopeful and comments about his plans
for the future.  He has had a hard time feeling the Christmas spirit
this year, but wants to.  His lack of energy is very frustrating to
him.  We are glad to have our whole immediate family together at
this time and look forward to a pleasant Christmas day.  We hope all
of you also enjoy the day with your families and friends.  We
continue to hope and pray in Stanford's behalf and thank all of you
for your continued prayers and support.

John