[stanford_status] Stanford is dying. Not much time left.

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Tue Nov 21 12:22:30 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry to have to inform you that it appears that Stanford
doesn't have much time left.  The CT scan this morning shows that
there is fluid building up in his abdomen.  The tumors in the liver
are bleeding.  We've been told that there is a very slim possibility
that surgery might be possible, but we don't know yet.

Stanford and Joyce left by ambulance about 10:00 AM for Dartmouth
Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) in Lebanon, NH.  Their surgeons will
evaluate his condition and make a determination, but Dr. Julie Kim
said it is a very slim possibility.  The tumor mass is simply too
large.

Below is a link to a map with directions to DHMC:

http://larsen-family.us/dhmc_directions.jpg

Go north on I-89 and take exit 18.
Turn right at the bottom of the ramp.
At the third signal light take a left turn.
Follow the signs to the North Entrance.

Stanford will be in room 541 of the Pediatric Oncology Unit.

We're devastated.  All along we have said that "It is in the Lord's
hands".  He is in charge.  Please pray for Stanford and for us.

John