[stanford_status] Chemotherapy today, 25 Oct 2006

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Wed Oct 25 06:41:46 EDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

Stanford and Joyce leave this morning at 7:30 AM for the two hour trip to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical
Center (DHMC) in Lebanon, NH.  A full day of infusions is planned followed by a two hour trip back home.
This is the planned treatment: 1 hour of Avastin, 2 hours of irinotecan and leucovorin, 2 hours of Erbitux,
and 46 hours of 5FU on a home pump as before.  It will be a very long day and he will not be feeling well
at the end.  Stanford isn't looking forward to a day of treatement at all.  It's a very hard thing to go
through.  Last time he bounced back very quickly after the last treatment so we hope he does this time
too.

The Erbitux is a drug he hasn't had before.  They all have possible scary side effects.  We hope he
tolerates Erbitux as well as he has all the others thus far.  His blood work this past Monday showed
counts in the normal range, but his blood chemistry is all out of whack.  This is to be expected because
chemo does a real number on the body.

Thanks to all of you for your continued thoughts and prayers,

John