[stanford_status] Jan 23, Tues - Stanford passed away at 8:38 PM

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Wed Jan 24 00:46:03 EST 2007

Hello Everyone,

Stanford passed away at 8:38 PM on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at the
Community Hospice House in Merrimack, NH.  Thus ends his courageous
battle with cancer.  He was strong right up until the end and
hopeful that the chemo therapy was working.  Sadly the tumors
weren't responding to the therapy and Stanford's liver gave out.

Tentative plans are to have the funeral at 10:00 AM on Saturday,
January 20th.  It will be held in our chapel at 110 Concord Street
in Nashua, NH.  The chapel is large and can hold 1200 people or
more.  We are having the service on a Saturday to enable all those
who might want to attend to do so without conflict with work or
school.  I'll email final plans as they become available.

Stanford was surrounded by all his immediate family members.  Lots
of his church friends and several school friends were also there.
He seemed very peaceful and not in pain.  We all had time to talk to
him and express our love.  At one point around 5:00 PM he stretched
his arms over his head and when we told him that we loved him he
answered back, "I love you too."

Stanford was a wonderful young man, brother, son, and friend.  He
was kind to everyone and always cared about people.  He was always
the same whether in private or in a group.  He had a zest for life.
He was very patient through all this trial willing accepting each
new limitation as they came along and expressing thankfulness for
the blessings he had.  For example, just the other day as I put his
wheelchair back in his room he said, "I love that wheelchair.  It
lets me go places!"  He often commented on how grateful he was for
his hospital bed because it let him get comfortable.  When it was
his turn to be voice during our family prayers each evening he
always expressed thankfulness for his blessings and prayed that we
would all be kind to each other.

We wish to thank everyone that has helped, encouraged, and supported
us through these almost 8 long months.  We couldn't have made it
through them without you.  We will miss Stanford tremendously.
Every where we look in our home we see a little of Stanford.  He
lived life to the full in an honorable and righteous way.

More later,

John