[stanford_status] Scholarship awarded and two years later

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Thu Jun 12 22:23:20 EDT 2008

Hello Everyone,

Two years ago today is when Stanford was diagnosed with cancer while
undergoing emergency abdominal surgery just two days after
graduating from high school.  Many of you followed his courageous
journey of the next seven months.  We hope everyone will take time
to ponder what is really important in life.

The Stanford Larsen Memorial Scholarship was awarded for the second
time on June 11, 2008.  It was awarded to James Pater.  Follow the
link below to see pictures:

     http://stanfordlarsen.org/scholarship/scholarship.html

We are thankful to all who have contributed to the scholarship fund
since it was established in February 2007.  We're getting closer to
the goal of $10,000 at which point the fund can become a perpetual
fund.  Currently the fund has grown to about $9100.

Ann Melim, a high school teacher, climbed Mount Washington in
January 2008 raising over $1600 for the fund.  You can read about
her climb here:

     http://stanfordlarsen.org/melim/index.html