[stanford_status] Dec 6, Wed - Status

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Wed Dec 6 22:49:07 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

The oxycontin dosage change on Monday to 60 mg twice a day has
helped a lot control the pain.  Stanford has only needed the
oxycodone one time since then.  He slept much better Monday night
and Tuesday night.  He still gets tired and needs naps during the
day, but overall he is slowly gaining strength.  If he has a good
day tomorrow he wants to do a round of gemcitabine chemotherapy on
Friday.  We will need to discuss this with Dr. O'Shea tomorrow
(Thursday).  There will be a blood draw Thursday for lab work to see
how his counts are doing.

The Nashua High South Chorus was out on tour today caroling.  One of
their stops cancelled out on them so Mrs. Santerre called us this
morning to see if Stanford would like them to come by, which he did.
At about 1:00 PM 39 chorus members arrived by school bus and crammed
themselves into our tiny living room... standing room only!  The
carols they sang were beautiful and we enjoyed them very much.
Pictures have been taken and are available on the website at
http://StanfordLarsen.org by clicking on LINKS.  Pictures from
Joyce's parents' and sister's visit are also there.  Joyce's family
has returned to Utah and John's sister Lori is here until Saturday.

Stanford wants a quiet day tomorrow (Thursday) to rest and get ready
for Friday.  We hope and pray that he will continue to improve and
that the pain can be controlled so he can get the rest he needs.

Thanks for all your support, thoughts, and please keep Stanford in
your prayers.

John