[stanford_status] Jan 1, Mon - Celebrated New Year's - Holding steady

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Mon Jan 1 16:27:08 EST 2007

Hello Everyone,

Stanford's condition is holding steady.  He enjoyed celebrating New
Year's Eve with our good friends the Wilsons at our home.  In years
past we've always gone to their home, but Stanford needed to be home
to conserve energy.  He said it felt good to be out of his bed and
in the living room in the middle of the celebration.  We were up
until 2:30 AM and then he slept well until about 9:00 AM.  A few New
Year's pictures are on the http://StanfordLarsen.org website.

Stanford is having a pretty good day today.  He's hungry for
different things, but can't eat very much all at once so we try to
get him lots of little meals throughout the day.

It has been four days since the last round of chemo and the issues
with constipation have been resolved.  When your body works normally
you don't even notice these things.  When critically ill then every
little aspect of daily living rises to a different level of
attention and concern.  Swelling, weakness, and tiredness continue
to be issues.  Stanford's 4th round of gemcitabine is scheduled for
this Thursday, Jan 4th, at 1:30 PM.

I plan to hold off on status updates for the next few days unless
there is some major change in Stanford's condition.  So, "no news is
good news".  I'll continue to post new pictures if any are taken.

Thanks for all your support, encouragement, and prayers.  We
continue to hope and pray that Stanford will be cured and returned
to full health, and ask that you continue also.

Thanks,

John