[stanford_status] Jan 24, Wed - The day after

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Wed Jan 24 10:22:36 EST 2007

Hello Everyone,

Out of habit I woke up about every two hours and realized that the
telephone intercom wouldn't be calling me anymore.  I lay in bed
mostly awake and thinking from about 5:30 on until the alarm went
off at 8:00 AM.  Joyce was up a lot too and was softly crying.  Hugs
helped.  Phillip and Julia stayed home from school today.

This morning I put up pictures on the website of Stanford's time at
the hospice house.  Bradford took more pictures and I'll put those
online when I can get them from him.

Stanford's doctor, Dr. James O'Shea, came to the hospice house about
5:00 PM and stayed there with us until the end.  Mary Ellen, the
nurse at Dr. O'Shea's clinic that did most of Stanford's chemo
treatments, also came for a while.  They are such kind loving people
and we really appreciated that they would come and help us.

This morning I went around the house taking pictures of Stanford's
room and all around just trying to capture his presence in the house
at this time.  Those have been put on the website too.

The funeral will be this Saturday, January 27th, at 10:00 AM at The
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint's chapel at 110 Concord
Street, Nashua, NH.  That is the chapel just north of Greeley Park.
I put the wrong date in yesterday's email.  It was late and I was
tired and didn't catch the mistake until after it was already sent.
There will be a wake Friday evening, but the times haven't been
decided.  We will be meeting with our Bishop later today to finalize
all the arrangements.  This afternoon Joyce and I will go to the
Farewell Funeral Home in Nashua to do all that stuff.  This will be
a closed casket funeral.

The Tech Med people came this morning and removed the hospital bed
and the wheel chair.  I removed the wheelchair ramps this morning.
Lots of things to do over the next weeks.

Life goes on.  Tell the people you love that you love them.

John