[stanford_status] Dec 19, Tues - Tired but tolerating chemo well

John R Larsen john at larsen-family.us
Tue Dec 19 16:42:23 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick update on Stanford's condition.  He has been tired,
sleeping most of the day, but hasn't had any side pain like he did a
week ago after the first gemcitabine treatment.  That means that no
break through pain medication has been needed.  Swelling is a
continuing issue that we're dealing with.

He slept pretty well during the night, but got to bed late because
we watched "Christmas with the Kranks" as a family.  He was up
around 5:00 AM for about 45 minutes and was stiff and sore, needing
a massage.

The acne like rash from the Erbitux treatments he had in Oct and Nov
has pretty much all cleared up.  It used to be all over his body.
The booklet on Erbitux indicated it usually takes about six months
for the rash to clear up.  We're glad it has been much faster.  He
is more comfortable now that it is gone.

Tomorrow, Dec 20th, is the 9th annual Nashua High School South
"Santa Fund Concert" at 7:00 PM.  In previous years Stanford played
and sang in this concert.  This year he will be in the audience and
is looking forward to hearing the students perform.

Today has been a good day for Stanford except for being so tired.
We hope that the gemcitabine can start to work sooner and pray for a
continuing miracle.  Thanks for all your support.

John